Congratulations on buying a functional, and fabulous, piece of our collective history. We hope you’ll be happy with your item for as many years, as others have been in the past.
Our items are prepared to a high standard and require no additional finishing, but we understand accidents happen and time marches on. To help with this, here are some basic care hints & tips from us.
Guides: How to.......
- Furniture & Wooden Items | Maintaining Antiques |The Basics |
- How to keep your Antique the way it came to you - Some simple hints and tips
- Furniture & Wooden Items | Wax and polish | Minor Scratch Removal |
- How to add a coat of wax polish to improve gloss or cover a minor scratch
- Upholstered items | Fabric | Leather | Nubuck | Everyday Care & Cleaning |
- Wicker, Rush and Cane Furniture | Everyday Care & Special Events
- Art | Clean Oil Paintings
- Metal | Brass items, Hinges & Ironmongery | Maintaining Antiques |The Basics |