How to guides home. Guide listings, Terms explained and tips on common problems.
Here at British Originals we are all about bringing new ideas and new people to old, antique, vintage and classic household furniture & items. Whatever you are doing, or looking at, the key is to use it and enjoy it, just like our motto - Restored, Adored
Do you really like the look of old items but have some questions? Look no further. We've created some simple guides to get you started.
Browse the list of guides below or see our FAQ
Antique & Vintage furniture restoration guides from BritishOriginals.
Furniture care guides.
- Looking after old furniture - Day to day Cleaning & Maintenance
- How to clean dull & dirty antique furniture
- How to clean Wicker, Cane, Rush & Bergere
- How to clean Upholstered furniture
- How to clean Oil paintings
Antique furniture care & Restoration, How to guides, Step by step instructions.
- FAQ & Step by step problem solver
- How to identify different types of furniture wood
- How to identify which finish I have on wooden furniture
- Guide: What colour finish on my antique or vintage furniture
- Restoration Guide, How to wax and polish wooden furniture
- Restoration guide, How to remove minor scratches on wooden furniture
- Guide: Buying Antiques
Really want to take a restoration project of your own on ?
See our favourite external links to more advanced resources on how to french polish or re-wax an item.
If that scares you see our | Restoration Service |
| Fine Wandmakers |