Art | OIL PAINTINGS.
In general, dusting is great, wetting causes problems, detergents are a no no.
If dirt builds up or there’s a spill firstly assess the value.
If it’s precious contact a professional art cleaner ( no seriously - the lawyers are very clear about this one )
- With a dry and clean paint brush dust gently the frame and picture with vacum adjacent but not touching
- Take cooled boiled water in a clean pot and add a very small amount of washing up liquid 1 drop per shot glass
- Get some cotton buds, wet one and test wipe gently on a peripheral area
- If paint comes away on the bud stop.
- If only muck on the bud, wipe gently across the piece removing dirt as you go from a small area
- Repeat with extreme patience
| Guides Home |